Revised 20th December 2019
Your privacy is very important to us. Accordingly, we have developed this Policy in order for you to understand how we collect, use, communicate and disclose of personal information whilst being compliant with UK Laws.
Data we collect. Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons
- Personal data such as: name, address, contact number, email address, children’s name/s, date
of birth, gender, school, school year and any medical or educational requirements.
- Transactional data between you and us including purchases.
- Information you provide for the purpose of subscribing to our website and keeping in touch
with what FunTech has to offer
- Any other information you choose to provide FunTech
Customers who email or telephone us
- Data will only be collected if there is an interest in our courses on offer.
- Relevant details collected to be able to make contact.
Children who are enrolled with us
- Relevant child and parent details collected to be able to make contact and monitor a
- Record of conversation history.
- Data about your child may be passed onto us from your child’s school and this should
take place if you have authorised them to do so
- Personal data such as: name, address, contact number, email address, date of birth, gender,
medical and/or special educational requirements, employment history and referee details,
immigration status, data provided on identification documents (passports, drivers licence,
bank/utility details (full list of documents required to carry out a DBS Check), DBS results,
National Insurance, financial data for payroll purposes, next of kin (name, address & contact
details) and qualifications
- Other data such as: dietary requirements and any information you chose to provide FunTech
Reasons for collecting your data:
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time in writing.
- We have a contractual obligation.
- We have a legal obligation.
- We have a vital interest.
- We need it to perform a public task.
- We have a legitimate interest.
Using your data
Personal data submitted on the FunTech website will be used for reasons selected by you such as bookings and marketing sign-ups. We may use your personal data to:
- Send you details of services purchased via the website
- Send statements and invoices to you and collect payments from you
- Send you email notifications which are applicable to you or have been requested by
- Personalise your repeat visit to our website
- Marketing – We would like to send you information about our services which may be of
interest to you. If you have agreed to receive this material, you may opt-out at any
Lawful employment reasons
We may disclose details about you:
- Where a legal requirement arises
- For our employees to be able to deliver our services to you
Security of your data
- On receipt of physical documentation received containing personal data, this will be stored securely
with restricted access. We will act promptly to transfer this to secure electronic means and securely
dispose of physical copies. Where original copies are to be kept, this will remain stored securely.
- We have taken precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal data
- Personal data is password protected, encrypted and backed-up.
Data Retention & Disposal
- We retain data for different periods and for as long as the law requires. If you would like to know how
long your data is being held for, please write to us.
- Data is disposed of securely, with the most preferred method of shredding.
- Where FunTech updates fundamental terms of this policy which apply to you, we will inform you of these changes
- Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and
visitor behaviour information.
about your use of our site with social media and analytics partners who may combine it with other
information that you have provided to them or that they have collected from your use of their services.
- You can set your browser not to accept cookies, this may cause some of our website functions not to
Third Party Websites
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information. Should you wish to request the data
held about you, please write to us. Please note: this may take up to 20 working days. Should you wish to unsubscribe
from any emails, a link to do so will always be available in each email sent to you. Alternatively, please write to
- Rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the
right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances. Please note,
where the law requires us to hold your data we will be doing so for as long as required.
- Restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain
- Object to processing - You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain
- Data Portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation,
or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have 20 working days to respond to you.
Third Party Organisations
- Marketing Purposes
- Virtual Classes & Meetings
- Examination entries and access arrangements
- Student Safety (Local authorities)
- FunTech uses Xero accounting for processing of customer financial data
- Disclosure & Barring Service
- FunTech uses Buckinghamshire County Council to carry out background checks on all teaching staff
- Staff payroll is carried out with Donald Reid Group
How to contact us
Please contact us if you have any questions regarding this policy:
Email: [email protected]
Write: FunTech Head Office, 103 High Street, Maidenhead Berkshire SL6 1JX
- If you are unhappy about the service with regards to the handling of your data please write to us and we will investigate this.
If you are unhappy with the outcome we have provided, please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office on:
- Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
- 0303 1231113