After School Clubs: Online & Virtual Computer Clubs & Lessons
When school’s out for the day and you have your child home and fed with the obligatory snack, how best can you keep them entertained?
Well, aside from the traditional after school activities that kids love to take part in such as play, TV, and outdoor fun, there’s a growing trend for parents looking for online after school clubs, particularly since the emphasis on online meetings over the last 18 months… and even more so now that darker evenings are about to draw in.
With virtual meetings and online learning taking off at unprecedented rates due to the recent school lockdowns of 2020, virtual after school activities are also set to increase in popularity when the new term starts.
At FunTech, we’re expertly placed to fulfil this increased demand for after school clubs for kids who love tech. 12 years ago, we launched our first ever online learning platform. It has evolved into the popular FunTech Virtual Lab that parents know and love today.
Using our bespoke virtual environment, we currently offer a range of after school online clubs for kids aged 7 to 18.
Our after school clubs & online programs
The FunTech after school clubs:
- TechStarter: On this year-long after school online club your child will learn the skills to become a highly effective and efficient tech user, developing good technology habits for life. It includes an Internet safety module.
- TotalTech: On this year-long virtual after school club your child will develop advanced skills in three key creative disciplines: movies, music and games. It’s a highly popular course that will spark their imagination and encourage creativity and intuition.
- CreativeTech: Channel your child’s imagination and enable them to create extraordinary creative projects. The CreativeTech virtual after school activities covers advanced graphics, animation and website design and development.
- TechPro: On this year-long course, your child will learn the full scope of Office software tools. They will unlock the vast array of tools to enable them produce high-quality documents in a fraction of the time.
- PureCoder: Kids who complete our after school learning programs above can then progress onto our coding lessons in our coding academy.
To find out more, browse our after school virtual courses.
After school computer science GCSE and A Level
Many kids who go complete our online after school clubs can then take a computer science GCSE and A Level with us, sometimes far earlier than they would in school.
Why choose us for online after school activities?
We’ve been in the education business since the 1990s, teaching thousands of children how to use technology in a fun, engaging, and safe way.
All of after school computing clubs are up to date, current, and run by highly qualified FunTech certified tutors. Here’s what sets us apart from other online providers:
- We provide LIVE lessons in real time with live tutors.
- Our live tutors are all DBS checked and we are Ofsted registered.
- Our learning platform takes advantage of screen sharing and remote access.
- Our classes sizes are deliberately small.
Some of the benefits your child can reap from taking part in virtual after school computer clubs include:
1. Real live lessons in real time
Our online lessons aren’t pre-recorded and re-played to kids over and over again. Instead, our courses are held in real time, with live sessions, real classmates, and a real tutor teaching.
Your child can simply sign in and click to join the virtual classroom.
Taking part in live lessons is a huge benefit and means your child learns more than they would by watching out of date virtual classes with no interactivity.
Your child’s tutor is always available to present ideas and analyse student progress. Just like a real classroom, if tangents need to be taken or one student needs a little more guidance or something different, we can make it happen.
2. Screen sharing and remote access
The system also allows for screen sharing functionality. This means tutors constantly view your kid’s screen to check on their progress and work, letting them give immediate and intuitive feedback right there on the screen.
The technology also lets tutors respond immediately if a student needs support, give them a nudge if their attention wanders, or set your child new tasks if they’ve finished ahead of others.
3. Class sizes are deliberately small
Unlike other online platforms that might stream online courses to 100s of kids at any one time, we deliberately limit our classes to be no more than 4 students at one time. This is one of the biggest differences between our virtual after school lessons and the class sizes on other platforms.
This lets us treat our after school classes just like we would a real physical classroom. Our tutors can give each child the attention they need and provide a much higher quality learning experience with more focused and inclusive lessons. They can coach those who aren’t too tech-minded and bring out the best in those who already shine.
4. Expert tutors
The FunTech tutors are true technology specialists who have been rigorously trained to inspire your child. They are the exact same teachers who run our popular summer camps. This means your child benefits from the exact same level of care, attention, and expert guidance that they would if attending a physical classroom location.
As you would demand as a parent, all of our tech tutors are exceptional teachers who have a passion for teaching kids technology. They have been hand-picked from leading educational institutions including Cambridge University and King’s College London.
And importantly, they have all been enhanced DBS checked, and go through a meticulous selection process to ensure a superior level of respect, care and education are adhered to.
During the after school class your child’s tutor will guide them through the course content at the correct pace. This will be achieved with a mix of practical demonstrations, tasks, and larger projects for the kids to complete.
5. Instant audio & text communication
The FunTech Virtual Lab system includes an advanced yet simple to use audio and text communication system. Kids can ask questions, hear answers, and learn more.
It means that during any after school virtual clubs and lessons, a tutor can chat with the class as a whole or can communicate with the kids on a one-to-one basis when required.
It’s two-way communication system too; this means kids can chat with the class when allowed, provide feedback of their own, or privately the tutor for some help.
Find out more…
To see how our after school program could help your child, please explore the virtual course hub. If you have any questions, please contact us to talk to a friendly member of our teaching staff.
Keep me informed
Be the first to know about Flash and Early Bird Sales as well as new courses, summer locations and more.
KEEP ME INFORMED