Microsoft Excel Lessons for Kids: Learn Excel Online
FunTech is the UK’s leading provider of virtual technology lessons, offering after school classes to children across the country. We believe it’s imperative that kids have a solid foundation in technology, but unfortunately this isn’t always offered in schools.
In a rapidly changing world, we’ve seen that education systems are slow to adapt. This means kids can’t advance as quickly as they are capable of, or don’t get the exposure to technology that’s needed for a bright future.
For example, kids are now expected to use Microsoft Excel for assignments, but often aren’t actually offered Microsoft Excel lessons to start with.
That’s where our online tech classes can help, all of which are designed to help children grow up happy, successful and achieving their full potential.
Aside from our coding, game design, graphic design, web design, and animation classes, we also make sure that all kids are proficiently skilled in Microsoft Excel.
There’s a common misconception that you can simply pick up Excel and start using it. Whilst this is true on a basic level due to the ease of use, there’s so much more to it that kids who want to get ahead can learn.
Here are just a few reasons why we think Microsoft Excel lessons are so important for kids who are set for a brighter future.
Why kids should learn Microsoft Excel skills
- Microsoft Excel is used by schools and colleges in the UK, so kids that learn Excel early will be ahead of their peers, and potentially be able to work quicker, smarter, and better.
- Kids can learn how to use data and convert raw numbers into meaningful information.
- Kids can learn how to visualise and present this information to make better informed decisions.
- Kids can learn how to plan financially – a skill not often taught in schools.
- By learning Excel online, kids can develop strong analytical skills.
- Kids can improve their mathematical skills due the application’s calculation functionality. This encourages them to practice maths more, plus learn to rectify their mistakes due to the built-in error tools and help functions.
- Microsoft Excel is the standard when it comes to spreadsheet applications, and despite the rise in popularity of Google Docs, it still has the bulk of the market share and is likely to be around for many years to come.
- Future employers expect the best potential employees to not just have a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel but be able to harness the more powerful functionality to set them apart from the rest of candidates.
Our Microsoft Excel Lessons for Kids
Most people don’t realise the advanced features that are available in Microsoft Excel. All of these are more are taught in our kids Microsoft Excel lessons; your child will learn online how to create high calibre, professional spreadsheets in a fraction of the time that they would ordinarily do.
The online lessons start with the basics and progresses onto advanced concepts. Children undertaking this course will also cover mathematical principles.
What’s included in our online Excel lessons:
- To use a wide variety of formulae (including conditional and nested statements).
- To utilise in built functions such as Goal Seek and What-if Analysis.
- To write macros for repeated use.
- How to debug formulae which are incorrect.
- To produce forms, charts, and perform sorting and filtering of data.
- How to export and import data to and from other applications.
What your child will learn:
- Worksheet and Workbook Orientation
- Sorts and Filters
- Data Types
- Cell Referencing
- Formulae and Functions
- Conditional Statements and Conditional Nested Statements
- Validations and Advanced Validations
- Debugging Formulae
- Conditional Formatting
- Pivot Tables and Charts
- Goal Seek
- Spark-lines, Graphs and Charts
- Document Inspector
- CSV Files
- Information Rights Management
How our virtual classes work
We’ve been in the education business since the 1990s, teaching thousands of children how to use technology in a fun, engaging, and safe way.
Then 12 years ago we launched our first ever online learning platform, which has evolved into the popular FunTech Virtual Lab that parents know and love today.
All of home-schooling tech and computing courses are up to date, current, and run by highly qualified virtual tutors. Here’s what sets us apart from other online providers:
- We provide real live lessons in real time with live tutors.
- Our live tutors are all DBS checked and we are Ofsted-registered.
- Our learning platform comes with instant audio and text communication.
- We let students take advantage of screen sharing and remote access.
- Our classes sizes are deliberately small.
Our kids’ Microsoft Excel lessons are sub-modules included in our overall Tech Academy classes, all of which can eventually lead on to our Pure Coder courses.
Many kids who go through our virtual learning system take a computer science GCSE and A Level with us, sometimes even far earlier than they would in school.